23.9.08

.providence.


.house on College Hill on the East Side of Providence.


.RI State House. Dome can be seen from our house. It cost $3M to build from 1895 -1904. Today the cost would be over $1B, which is about the size of our current deficit (haha, that is not a fact, but it could be close). The dome, which my husband likes to point out to any and all vistors to our town, is the 4th largest self-supporting marble dome in the world, after St. Peter's Basillica, the Minnesota State Capitol (damn 'sotas) and the Taj Mahal.


.random door in Providence.


.saw an awesome post on Design*Sponge on Providence, RI. All of the recommendations were SPOT ON!! I especially like how they divided the posts by each area of town. My husband and I have been fortunate enough to be parlaying on the East Side for the past year and we L.O.V.E. it.

.This bottom picture shows College Hill where we live. While we don't have a yard with a fence or a grill or a large dog, we do have lots of restaurants and take out options - what's better than that??? I think my husband's favorite saying in response to what sorts of food I make for him, is something along the lines of "the only thing Emily knows how to make is reservations." HAHA. This statement has not been validated and I will neither confirm nor deny its accuracy.

1 comment:

Cowesett Construction Company said...

So cute! This is my favorite post yet!